Category Archives: Recipes
Dishes that I like and have made
Greek Gyro Skewers with Roasted Zucchini, Baked Pita Chips, and Cucumber Tzatziki
4 out of 4 Stars
Pistachio – Crusted Chicken with Quinoa and Chopped Cucumber Jalapeno
3 out of 4 Stars
Jerk Chicken Skewers with Curry Rice Pilaf
I love me some Jerk Chicken and when I saw this recipe pop up I was stoked to try it out. The only issue was I had run out of time because I was back to my schedules… and normally I would have made this meal on sunday night but we had company.. So Monday night came and well, that was the night I made it and packed it for the next day…. but not without having a bit before packing it away for my lunch the next day…
All I can say is YES! YES! YES!!! everything about this meal was amazing… the spicy mixed with the sweetness of the peach was so unexpected. It was like a burst of awesomeness in my mouth. I was floored! I was excited to bring it to work and share with my coworkers to give them a taste of what these boxes had to offer and even they were impressed… The Jerk Chicken was Spicy to the point my mouth was on fire and my nose was running. It was SPOT on!!! My coworker that is married to a west indie even said that this was some of the best jerk chicken that they had tasted…
The Rice was nice… I normally don’t do well with certain curry and my stomach just rejects everything about it.. but this was a nice mild flavor not too overdone.. I think the only thing that I did not care for, was the selection of snap peas they sent.. they were in poor shape and I had to basically clip so much of bean off. But I made it work.
This meal……. 4 out of 4 stars!!!
Heirloom Tomato Flatbread with Prosciutto and Pesto
This was an easy delish Saturday Lunch that we did… The flavor was through the roof.. I really enjoyed it. The Dough that they send is in a bag and you have to let it warm up to room temperature so that you can get the dough to fully stretch to a nice flat bread size. Here is what came in the box…
Pizza Dough, Prosciutto, Fresh Mozzarella, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Pesto
Thats pretty much it… You start out but rolling out the dough and then poking it with a fork and then precooking it in the oven…. Then once it has a golden color to the dough. you take it out. Placing the Pesto on first followed by the Mozzarella, and the tomatoes. Then throw it back into the oven and bam before you know it it’s done and ready to be eaten!
My husband loved it and before I knew it, his plate was empty! This is a great meal to just throw together on a rainy day or when you just want something quick and easy! I mean seriously, how DELISH does this looks!!! 4 out 0f 4 Stars From us!
Seared Steak and Creamy Chipotle Pan Sauce with Poblano, Corn, and Crispy Potato Hash
Jamie Oliver’s Tomato, Spinach and Olive Fusilli with fresh oregano and cheese.
Summer Time Pork Schnitzel with Yellow Squash, Tomatoes, and Yukon gold with a Balsamic Dijon Mustard sauce….
This is seriously a great dish for the summertime! and make sure you use a pan that can go into the broiler for the 2nd part or the cook ( I forgot to do such thing haha ) but check out my review on the prep, cook, and finish!
So I have been struggling with cooking lately. I’ve run out of ideas and just haven’t been in the mood to cook which to me is strange as I LOVE to cook. In the past weeks I have been hearing great things about Hello Fresh and well we decided to try it out! So Here is our review! And Let me just say, This was AMAZE-BALLZ!!!
Beef Tenderloin Skewers with Charred Corn with Chipotle Lime Butter
- 2 lbs ground turkey, extra lean or 1.5 lb leftover cooked turkey, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped
- 3 large bell peppers, chopped
- 14 oz can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 14 oz can any white beans, drained & rinsed
- 28 oz can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water or low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 pkt of taco seasoning, all natural
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on high heat and add ground turkey. Cook until brown, stirring and breaking into small pieces with spatula, occasionally. Transfer to a large crockpot. If using leftover cooked turkey, skip the browning step.
- Return skillet to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add garlic, onion, celery, bell peppers and saute for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker, cover and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High. Reduce cooking time to 5 hours on Low and 3 hours on High, if using cooked turkey. Serve hot. Chili tastes even better the next day. This chili is mild enough for the kids. Add more heat with extra chili powder, Taco seasoning, diced green chiles or jalapenos.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving = 1.5 cup:
Total Fat: 2.0 g
Cholesterol: 45.0 mg
Sodium: 673.0 mg
Total Carbs: 33.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 8.0 g
Protein: 33.8 g
WW Points+: 6