Monthly Archives: November 2015
- 2 lbs ground turkey, extra lean or 1.5 lb leftover cooked turkey, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped
- 3 large bell peppers, chopped
- 14 oz can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 14 oz can any white beans, drained & rinsed
- 28 oz can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water or low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 pkt of taco seasoning, all natural
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on high heat and add ground turkey. Cook until brown, stirring and breaking into small pieces with spatula, occasionally. Transfer to a large crockpot. If using leftover cooked turkey, skip the browning step.
- Return skillet to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add garlic, onion, celery, bell peppers and saute for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker, cover and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High. Reduce cooking time to 5 hours on Low and 3 hours on High, if using cooked turkey. Serve hot. Chili tastes even better the next day. This chili is mild enough for the kids. Add more heat with extra chili powder, Taco seasoning, diced green chiles or jalapenos.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving = 1.5 cup:
Total Fat: 2.0 g
Cholesterol: 45.0 mg
Sodium: 673.0 mg
Total Carbs: 33.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 8.0 g
Protein: 33.8 g
WW Points+: 6
After finishing the NYC Marathon last year I said to myself,” A: I’m never doing this again and B: I’m totally volunteering next year for medals cus thats gotta be way easier!” Here I am, training for next year’s marathon and my calves still burn from being on my feet for 15 hours. Why do we keep doing this to ourselves and that’s simply answered in 5 words, To Continue to Challenge Ourselves.
Its Sunday Morning November 1st @ 5 am.. Why am I up? I should be sleeping in but I’m not! My eyes are burning from the lack of sleep and I’ve gotta manage to somehow make sure I make it to the train on time after putting my make up on which I’m so not used too! Uggg… I’m not running! Why did I do this again? Oh thats right to be a part of something bigger.. To be the Last Point on the mission of 26.2 miles. To hold the Major Award for those who just endured miles and miles of New York City streets. To be there for my Club Mates and Friends from all over. To be the shoulder and arms to hold them up!!! and To be that Smiling face after the journey that so many have trained so hard to make!
Sunday was inspiring and so dang emotional! My friends inspire me everyday and Sunday they put more of the Running Bug back in me. I can’t stop thinking about 2016 and my own journey. Now to get rid of this dang cold I got from all the runners and their hugs and kisses LOL..
CONGRATS TO ALL THE 2015 TCS NYC MARATHON FINISHERS.